Last night, I received the call about my estrogen levels moving in the wrong direction. By 9:30 p.m., I had emails out to my gynecologist. By 10:30 this morning, I had talked to her about my case and was on board for her to do the procedure. She was very thorough and had reviewed my file before she talked to me and thinks that a simple ovarian removal is all that's needed. We agreed that the first available opening would be preferable.
The first available surgical opening is TUESDAY, APRIL 2 at 2:30 p.m. at Stanford Hospital. Join me in saying "Praise God!" for such an immediate availability! The procedure should take about an hour and I should be able to leave for home by 6:00. The hardest part will probably be the fact that I won't be able to eat anything after midnight on Monday! (o_o)
Art will be with me. The kids will ride their bikes to and from school, with friends standing by to pick them up in case of rain (not in the forecast for Tuesday).
Recovery time is minimal and if prior abdominal procedures are any indication, I should be back to normal rather quickly. However, we don't wish to take anything for granted and we are asking for this to be covered in prayer.
Specifics to pray for:
- Praise for how quickly this is coming together
- Guidance for the doctor as she performs the procedure
- No complications that result in infection or a conventional open incision
- No side effects from anesthesia
- Safety and peace of mind for the kids as they go to/from school (Art will call them as soon as I am out of surgery)
- That the procedure is successful in shutting down estrogen production in my body