On Friday, I received a phone call telling me that the clinical trial finally opened! Good news! However, they also told me that it would take 3 - 4 weeks to process the tissue from my upcoming bone biopsy! This is very frustrating information as I had been told 3 - 4 days, not weeks. To be quite frank, I can't wait that long for another treatment plan.
My oncologist is trying to get things clarified and see if we can start the trial without my tissue being classified (placing me as a wildcard until the results are in), but we're not that hopeful that this will happen. I will meet with her on Thursday and I will most likely start a different treatment plan then.
My deep bone biopsy is scheduled for Thursday morning (Aug 22) at 9:30 a.m. I will also get my bone strengthening shot that day.
I'm on the last chapter of Leviticus and the last chapter on the study on David. Biblically speaking, it's been an intense summer!
- The clinical trial opened, but there are still scheduling conflicts. The decision regarding my treatment will be finalized on Thursday.
- Deep bone biopsy on Thursday at 9:30 a.m. Please pray that a good tissue sample is obtained with minimal residual pain or side effects.
- The kids start school this week. Please pray for them as they transition into the new school year. They will both be in middle school which is very helpful for scheduling.
- I continue to desire to pursue after God with all my heart. I want to be authentic and at times, I fear and wonder if "I'm faking it."
- Please continue to remember Art as he faithfully provides for us. He works hard and we love and appreciate him.